Friday, December 09, 2005

Great quotes from a young millionaires

These are some great quotes from young millionaires. Babak is the founder of Multivision, millionaire at age 32 and Ryan is only 29 years old. I need to listen to the advice given here and go with it, especially Ryan's comment about just doing it. I've spoken to many people in the corporate world who always "dream" of starting their own business and making it big... including myself. Sometimes, i have to take my own advice and just do it. You gotta take the risk to get the big reward. Sometimes that means giving up what you have for something bigger. If it doesn't work out, then try again. I don't want to sound like a cliche but you have to fail to succeed.

Babak's comment is also well taken. Entrepreneurs need to let the workers operate the business and they need to grow the business. The business owners shouldn't be involved in the day to day operations because it takes away their focus on the bigger picture, which is the direction of the business itself. The vision of where the business is going is what's important in building a successful company.

"I think what separates a business owner and somebody with true entrepreneurial spirit is a business owner makes the mistake of working for their business where they go in every day and do the tasks that the business requires. What I've done is I have enough people that are working in the business on a day-to-day business that it gives me the opportunity every single day to work on the business. I go in and try to figure out what the next thing is for the business, making improvements every day.

"One way I do that is once a week I get away from the office. If you have a management team, get them away from the office so they're not in that environment and then you can really say, let's work on the business. Nothing keeps the entrepreneurial spirit alive better than committing yourself to make an improvement to the company everyday."--Babak Farahi, 32, founder of Multivision Inc., an Oakland, California, company that records and broadcasts coverage for clients

I would definitely say, stealing the Nike thing, just do it. There are so many people I've met over the years who've really had a good business idea, something that was maybe a hobby of theirs [or] something they were passionate about, and they just never did it. And I think fear is a factor for a lot of people for not entering the business arena. But absolutely do it."--Ryan Duques, 29, co-founder of Shore Publishing, the publisher of 16 community newspapers in Connecticut and Rhode Island

No comments: